About FDA

How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?

To report a problem about food except meat and poultry, contact FDA’s Consumer Complaint Coordinator in your state of residence. If the problem involves meat or poultry, which are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, call the USDA hotline at 1-800-535-4555.

Page Last Updated: 07/07/2016
Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.