To report a problem about food except meat and poultry, contact FDA’s Consumer Complaint Coordinator in your state of residence. If the problem involves meat or poultry, which are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, call the USDA hotline at 1-800-535-4555.
- What do consumers need to know about the recall of shell eggs?
- When previously recalled products are back on the shelves, how can I be sure that it is okay to buy them?
- How does FDA recommend washing fruits and vegetables?
- How long can I keep my food in the refrigerator/on the shelf?
- How do the activities of USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service differ from the activities of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition?
- FDA Basics Webinar - Using a Food Label to Make Smart Food Choices
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- How do I report a complaint about restaurant food?
- What are the different types of fat that a food can contain? How are they different?
- What refined Stevia preparations have been evaluated by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- How long can food that is supposed to be refrigerated stay outside of the refrigerator and still be safe to eat?
- What is the meaning of 'natural' on the label of food?
- Which foods should I stay away from during pregnancy?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a dietary supplement?
- Why do we still have food recalls and outbreaks of food-related illness?
- Who makes sure the food I buy at the grocery store is safe to eat?
- If a food is labeled "organic" according to the USDA, is it still subject to the laws and regulations enforced by FDA?
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- Is Stevia an 'FDA approved' sweetener?
- How often does FDA inspect food manufacturing facilities?
- Why isn't the amount of caffeine a product contains required on a food label?
Rate this page
If you would like to ask a specific question, please visit our "Contact Us" page for more information about how to contact FDA.