How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
To report a problem about food except meat and poultry, contact FDA’s Consumer Complaint Coordinator in your state of residence. If the problem involves meat or poultry, which are regulated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, call the USDA hotline at 1-800-535-4555.
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2015
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2015
- FDA Basics Webinar - November 24, 2014: Drug Shortages
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Does FDA have any other food safety materials?
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- Upcoming Webinar Tuesday, March 19th - Buyer Beware:The Risks and Dangers of Purchasing Drugs Online
- What device can I use to monitor the blood sugar level in my child?
- Is it true that "OTC ( Over the Counter)" products can prevent SIDS?
- How can you detect lead levels in your child?
- Is it safe for your child to use a cell phone?
- What should parents be aware of before administering medication to a child?
- How does the FDA collect vaccine safety information?
- What is the role of FDA's Office of Orphan Product Development and Office of New Drugs?
- What are the potential risks to my child after exposure to radiological imaging?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- Does FDA have a definition for the term "organic" on food labels?
- Did you know that a store can sell food past the expiration date?
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a dietary supplement?
- What refined Stevia preparations have been evaluated by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
How helpful was this information?