Materials from Webinar on Safeguarding the U.S. Food Supply: Excellent Industry Compliance with the Final Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Rule
Do you have questions about BSE? Did you know that FDA works to keep the food supply in the U.S. safe for people and animals? Everyday, FDA is protecting people by making sure that the food they eat comes from healthy animals.
On Thursday, April 22, FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine hosted a webinar on Excellent Compliance with the BSE Final Rule.
Featured speakers Shannon Jordre, Consumer Safety Officer and Burt Pritchett, Veterinary Medical Officer from the Division of Compliance, Center for Veterinary Medicine, discussed animal feed controls FDA has put in place to keep BSE out of the U.S. cattle population, thereby ensuring the safety of the nation's food supply from BSE.
Web address for viewing: https://collaboration.fda.gov/p55684229/
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- FDA Basics Webinar on Advice to Dog Owners Whose Pets Take NSAIDS
- Materials from Webinar on Safeguarding the U.S. Food Supply: Excellent Industry Compliance with the Final Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Rule
- Is FDA responsible for regulating pesticides that are used in animal products?
- Is it safe for me to provide my pet with a raw food diet?
- FDA Basics Webinar: Melamine: The Cause of the Pet Food and Infant Formula Recalls
- FDA Basics Video: Tracey Forfa on the Human-Animal Bond
- FDA Basic Video: Margaret Oeller (Video)
- What is the role of the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) in FDA and what does CVM regulate?
- How do I report a pet food complaint?
- How do I report an adverse drug experience (ADE) in an animal?
- Where can I get information on a drug my veterinarian prescribed?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
- Do you have a list of discontinued veterinary drugs?
- Are the pet medications sold online the same as those I get directly from the veterinarian?
- Is it safe for me to give my pet pain relief products approved for use in humans such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen sodium?
How helpful was this information?