FDA Basics Video: Alyson Saben on Protecting Public Health
Protection of the public health is FDA's number 1 priority, explains Alyson Saben, Deputy Director of the Office of Enforcement. Saben says that while "promoting voluntary compliance is often the best and quickest way to achieve compliance" it only works if there is a strong enforcement program in place. The FDA needs "...to be prepared to take quick, decisive, efficient, and effective enforcement action if voluntary compliance doesn't work."
- FDA Basics Metrics: March 2014
- FDA Basics Metrics: February 2014
- What is the Reportable Food Registry?
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- What Rules Apply to Persons that Want to Start a Food Business?
- Is "over the counter (OTC)" medication safe for my child?
- FDA Basics Metrics: January 2014
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is a biological product?
- FDA Basics Metrics: December 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: November 2013
- Webinar: 20 Years Later – Returning to FDA to Regulate Tobacco
- What doesn’t FDA regulate? How do I contact the agencies that do?
- FDA Basics Metrics: October 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: August 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: September 2013
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- FDA Basics Webinar August 19, 2013: Biological Products, Part 2: Biosimilar Biological Products
- FDA Basics Metrics : June 2013
- FDA Basics Metrics: July 2013
- July: CBER's Direct Recall Classification Program
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- What is the FDA doing to protect children from tobacco?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
How helpful was this information?