Materials from Webinar on Inspection Process
What kinds of products and facilities does the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspect? Who conducts these inspections? What do they look for?
On Thursday, March 25th, the FDA hosted a webinar that answers these questions and more. The featured speaker, Michael Rogers, Deputy Director, Office of Regional Operations, Office of Regulatory Affairs, discussed how FDA staff inspect domestic and foreign establishments, check shipments of imported product, and collect and test samples for signs of contamination.
During this webinar, FDA presented information on:
- the facilities FDA is responsible for inspecting
- what an inspection involves
- inspection follow-up and enforcement activities
- the rigorous training that inspectors receive
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What does FDA regulate?
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- What does FDA do?
- How is FDA organized?
- How many people are employed by FDA and in what areas do they work?
- What non-government websites does FDA recommend?
- What other government-supported websites does FDA recommend as reliable sources for health-related information?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA Office of Minority Health - Steps to Address Health Disparities
- How can the public request documents from FDA?
- Materials from Webinar on Inspection Process
- FDA Webinar on Foreign Inspections
- FDA MedWatch Webinar
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basic Video: Kathleen Uhl on the Office of Women's Health (Video)
- Why can’t I import some drugs that are approved and sold in the United States?
- Is it legal for me to personally import drugs?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- How can I find out the status of my FOIA request?
- What is a recall?
How helpful was this information?