You should report the problem to your doctor, the cosmetic manufacturer, and FDA through the MedWatch Reporting Program or the district office consumer complaint coordinator for your geographic area. You also can request a MedWatch form by calling 1-800-332-1088.
To learn more, see Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell FDA.
- FDA Basics Webinar on Reporting Adverse Events Related to Cosmetics
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Cosmetics
- Is there lead in lipstick?
- Does FDA approve the color additives used in cosmetics? If so, how does FDA determine their safety?
- Are cosmetics approved by FDA?
- Are henna tattoos safe?
- Are all personal care products regulated as cosmetics?