What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?
You should report the problem to your doctor, the cosmetic manufacturer, and FDA through the MedWatch Reporting Program or the district office consumer complaint coordinator for your geographic area. You also can request a MedWatch form by calling 1-800-332-1088.
To learn more, see Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell FDA.
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
- What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?
- Does FDA approve the color additives used in cosmetics? If so, how does FDA determine their safety?
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Cosmetics
- FDA Basics Video: Ensuring That Cosmetics Used in the United States Are Safe
- FDA Basics Webinar on Reporting Adverse Events Related to Cosmetics
- Are henna tattoos safe?
- Is there lead in lipstick?
- Are all personal care products regulated as cosmetics?
- Are cosmetics approved by FDA?
How helpful was this information?