• Decrease font size
  • Return font size to normal
  • Increase font size
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services

About FDA

  • Print
  • Share
  • E-mail

What should I do if I have a serious reaction (side effect) to a cosmetic product?

You should report the problem to your doctor, the cosmetic manufacturer, and FDA through the MedWatch Reporting Program or the district office consumer complaint coordinator for your geographic area. You also can request a MedWatch form by calling 1-800-332-1088.


To learn more, see Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Tell FDA.

Basics Question toggle Show all related FDA Basics Questions


How helpful was this information?


Not HelpfulArrow pointing to the rightVery Helpful

Please limit your feedback to 1000 characters.

Please limit your feedback to 1000 characters.

If you would like to ask a specific question, please visit our "Contact Us" page for more information about how to contact FDA.

Please note that any information you submit may become public or subject to release under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). For more information, read about our privacy policies and the FOIA.