FDA Basic Video: Terry Toigo Talks About Helping Patients and their Families (Video)
What role does the Office of Special Health Issues play in the lives of patients, health professionals, and families?
Terry Toigo is the director of the Office of Special Health Issues. Toigo’s office spends much of its time listening. “People come to FDA and they have an issue that they either are concerned about or they need more information about. So we listen to them and then we try and figure out what part of it is FDA related that we can help them with, and then begin to help them navigate the FDA process to get their issue addressed.” Learn more about FDA programs for patients and patient advocates....
- FDA Basics Webinar: Melamine: The Cause of the Pet Food and Infant Formula Recalls
- Materials from Webinar on Safeguarding the U.S. Food Supply: Excellent Industry Compliance with the Final Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) Rule
- How FDA Evaluates Regulated Products: Cosmetics
- Where do I go to report problems with flea and tick products?
- How do I report a pet food complaint?
- How do I report an adverse drug experience (ADE) in an animal?
- I read online that a supplement can treat my dog’s illness. Is the supplement safe to give to my pet?
- Is it safe for me to provide my pet with a raw food diet?
- Do you have a list of discontinued veterinary drugs?
- Are the pet medications sold online the same as those I get directly from the veterinarian?
- Where can I get information on a drug my veterinarian prescribed?
- Is it safe for me to give my pet pain relief products approved for use in humans such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen sodium?
- Can you explain the approval process for animal drugs?
- Is FDA responsible for regulating pesticides that are used in animal products?
- Does FDA regulate dietary supplements for animals?
- What are Veterinary Biologics (including vaccines) and is FDA responsible for these products?
- What is the role of the Center for Veterinary Medicine (CVM) in FDA and what does CVM regulate?
- How do the activities of USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service differ from the activities of FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition?
- FDA Basics Webinar on Reporting Adverse Events Related to Cosmetics
- FDA Basics Webinar - Using a Food Label to Make Smart Food Choices
- Has Stevia been approved by FDA to be used as a sweetener?
- FDA Basics Webinar: Picnic Food Safety, How Safe is Your Picnic?
- FDA's Pesticide Program
- How do I report a complaint about food bought in a supermarket?
- FDA Webinar on Tattoos and Permanent Makeup
How helpful was this information?