FDA Basic Video: Norman Baylor Discusses Vaccines (Video)
What Role does the FDA Play in Preventing Disease and Developing Vaccines?
Norman Baylor is the former director of the Office of Vaccines Research Review in the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. Among other things, Baylor talks about the special talents of his team. "Most of our staff," says Baylor in this interview, "started in a laboratory or in a clinical setting, a hospital or some other clinical setting, so we have ... the ability and the knowledge base to evaluate these products. And even when new technologies come about, we have the knowledge base to understand and to ask the appropriate questions about how these products might work, how these technologies might be applied to these different products….”
Learn More About Vaccines, Blood, and Biologics...
- FDA Basic Video: Norman Baylor Discusses Vaccines (Video)
- Webinar on FDA’s Safety Monitoring of Approved Vaccines
- FDA Webinar on Safety of the Blood Supply
- FDA Webinar on Protecting Your Child's Health Through Safe and Effective Vaccines
- What are stem cells? How are they regulated?
- What is thimerosal? Is it safe when used in some vaccines?
- How can I get my name removed from a donor deferral list?
- What is a biological product?
- How does FDA regulate tissue products? What safeguards are in place for recipients?
- How do I know if I’m eligible to donate blood?
- How do I report an adverse event related to a vaccine?
- What is the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)?
- How does FDA assess the safety of vaccines?
- What is the approval process for a biological product?
How helpful was this information?