Resources for You
How do I report a problem with an FDA-regulated product?
There are several ways you can report problems to FDA:
- Call the FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator for your geographic region.
- Report to FDA’s MedWatch program any product problems or unexpected side effects (adverse events) that occur while using drugs, medical devices, dietary supplements, infant formulas, cosmetics, and blood products and other biologics (except for vaccines) either online, by regular mail, by fax, or by phone.
- Report a vaccine-related illness or injury to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) or call 1-800-822-7967 to request a reporting form.
- Report a problem with animal drugs by calling 1-888-FDA-VETS. To report complaints about pet food (and other animal feed), call the FDA Consumer Complaint Coordinator for your geographic region.
- Report complaints online related to FDA-regulated clinical trials
Report complaints online related to Unlawful Sales of Products on the Internet.
- How can I share my ideas and suggestions with FDA?
- Where should I go to find consumer information on www.FDA.gov?
- FDA's MedWatch Program: Voluntarily Reporting Problems to the FDA
- What does FDA regulate?
- What does FDA inspect?
- When and why was FDA formed?
- What is the difference between the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), FDA regulations, and FDA guidance?
- What does FDA do?
- How is FDA organized?
- How many people are employed by FDA and in what areas do they work?
- What non-government websites does FDA recommend?
- What other government-supported websites does FDA recommend as reliable sources for health-related information?
- FDA Basics Webinar: FDA Office of Minority Health - Steps to Address Health Disparities
- How can the public request documents from FDA?
- Materials from Webinar on Inspection Process
- FDA Webinar on Foreign Inspections
- FDA MedWatch Webinar
- What is FDA Basics for Industry?
- FDA Basic Video: Kathleen Uhl on the Office of Women's Health (Video)
- Why can’t I import some drugs that are approved and sold in the United States?
- Is it legal for me to personally import drugs?
- What is a docket? How do I submit comments to a docket? How do I find comments submitted to a docket?
- How do I find the latest information on the Web site? How do I sign up for e-mails and alerts?
- How can I find out the status of my FOIA request?
- What is a recall?
How helpful was this information?