What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
FDA will use many effective public health strategies to reduce the burden of illness and death caused by tobacco products. One of the first items aimed at reducing tobacco use among children and adolescents will be to reissue the 1996 regulation aimed at reducing young people’s access to tobacco products and curbing the appeal of tobacco to the young. When this becomes effective, a number of measures will take effect, including
- tobacco manufacturers may no longer sponsor athletic and entertainment events using tobacco product brand names and logos
- tobacco manufacturers may no longer sell or give away clothing or other items which bear the brand name or logo of a tobacco product
- tobacco manufacturers are no longer able to distribute free samples of cigarettes, and free samples of smokeless tobacco will be allowed only in adult-only facilities
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
How helpful was this information?