What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
There are many requirements with deadlines outlined in the FSPTCA. Some highlights include:
- in September 2009, cigarettes were prohibited from having candy, fruit, and spice flavors as their characterizing flavors
- in January 2010, tobacco manufacturers and importers were required to submit information to FDA about ingredients and additives in tobacco products
- in April 2010, FDA reissued the 1996 regulation aimed at reducing young people’s access to tobacco products and curbing the appeal of tobacco to the young
- as of July 2010, tobacco manufacturers are no longer allowed to use the terms "light," "low," and "mild" on tobacco products without an FDA order in effect
- in July 2010, warning labels for smokeless tobacco products were revised and strengthened
- by October 2012, warning labels for cigarettes will be revised and strengthened
- What Should I Do If I See Violations of FDA’s Tobacco Products Rules?
- FDA Center for Tobacco Products Inaugural Year and Looking Forward
- What are FDA’s Regulations for Flavored Tobacco?
- What are the new Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents?
- What will FDA do to curb tobacco use among children and adolescents?
- What are some of the key regulatory timelines associated with the tobacco control act?
- How does the regulation of tobacco products differ from FDA’s regulation of drugs or medical devices?
- Is FDA going to ban tobacco?
- What products are not considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What products are considered to be tobacco products as defined by the tobacco control act?
- What is the main goal in regulating tobacco products?
- What are the priorities of the Center for Tobacco Products?
- Does FDA have the authority to regulate tobacco products?
- FDA Basic Video: Lawrence Deyton Discusses Tobacco (Video)
- What part of FDA regulates tobacco products?
- FDA Basics Webinar: State Enforcement Program
- How does FDA plan to enforce the restrictions on promotion and advertising established by the Tobacco Control Act?
How helpful was this information?