The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act defines dietary supplements as a category of food. However, there is one exception: if a dietary supplement meets the definition of a drug, it is regulated as a drug.
- What is the difference between a dietary supplement and a conventional food?
- What is a dietary supplement?
- If I take vitamins already, should I be eating foods that are fortified with vitamins as well? Is there such a thing as taking too many vitamins?
- Is a dietary supplement a food or a drug?
- Are foods that contain added nutrients considered "enriched"?
- Are dietary supplements approved by FDA?