About FDA

How do I report an adverse drug experience (ADE) in an animal?

Adverse drug experiences include side effects and lack of drug effect. ADEs should first be reported to the product manufacturer. Veterinarians and animal owners are also encouraged to report adverse experiences associated with the use of animal drugs to FDA’s Center for Veterinary Medicine.

Page Last Updated: 05/20/2016
Note: If you need help accessing information in different file formats, see Instructions for Downloading Viewers and Players.