FDA STAFF MANUAL GUIDES, VOLUME I - ORGANIZATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
OFFICE OF OPERATIONS
OFFICE OF FINANCE, BUDGET AND ACQUISITIONS
Effective Date: 07/08/2011
1. OFFICE OF FINANCE, BUDGET AND ACQUISITIONS (DMMD).
A. Provides executive leadership and management for all FDA financial, budgetary, and acquisitions programs
B. On behalf of the Office of Operations executes all related legal authorities that the Commissioner and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) are empowered to exercise under Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and General Accountability Office, (GAO) applicable laws, regulations and instructions; the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR); the Chief Financial Officer’s Act, the Federal Managers Financial Improvement Act, the Government Performance and Results Act, other legislation and regulations, and other applicable laws
C. Formulates the vision, strategy, and short and long-range program goals and policies for assigned program areas. Makes decisions on major organizational and staffing plans and delegations of authority in these areas that are consistent with the broad conceptual guidelines of the COO and the Commissioner, to meet the changing needs of the FDA and new legislation
D. On behalf of the COO, exercises direct line authority over the following:
- Office of Acquisition and Grants Services directing the management of planning, development, assessment, and execution of FDA procurement and acquisition programs for all Centers and Offices
- Office of Financial Operations directing oversight on all matters relating to fiscal management including financial systems and operations; policy and standards, and internal controls
- Office of Budget directing the management and development of budget policy, planning, formulation and presentation of the FDA budget
E. Monitors the implementation of FDA program initiatives for the COO and recommends courses of action to the COO
F. Represents the COO in fostering effective relationships with the Department, OMB, GAO, staff members of Congressional appropriations and other committees, industry and outside professional groups in the area of the management and operation policies, practices, and requirements of FDA
2. AUTHORITY AND EFFECTIVE DATE.
The functional statements for this Office were approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, effective July 8, 2011.
|STATUS (I, R, C)||DATE APPROVED||LOCATION OF CHANGE HISTORY||CONTACT||APPROVING OFFICIAL|
|Initial||07/08/2011||N/a||OO/OM||Secretary of Health and Human Services|