Staff Manual Guide 9010.1, Alternate Text for Agency Scientific Dispute Appeals Process
1. Initiator elevates dispute to Agency Appeals Process (Day 1)
2. File is referred to Agency Scientific Dispute Process Review Board for procedure review
3. Agency Scientific Dispute Process Review Board determines whether written Center procedures were followed, whether the Center considered all relevant evidence, and whether the initiator was provided an opportunity to express his or her concerns regarding the scientific question at all appropriate levels; CSO forwards findings/recommendations to the Commissioner (Day 60).
4. Commissioner determines whether the process was followed (Day 90)
5. If the Center process was followed, the inquiry is complete and the Center decision is upheld as final.
6. If the Center process was not followed, the case is remanded to the Center or additional review consistent with the Centers procedures.