FDA STAFF MANUAL GUIDES, VOLUME II - DELEGATIONS OF AUTHORITY
REGULATORY - FOOD AND COSMETICS
ISSUANCE OF INITIAL EMERGENCY PERMIT ORDERS AND NOTICES OF CONFIRMATION OF EFFECTIVE DATE OF FINAL REGULATIONS ON FOOD FOR HUMAN AND ANIMAL CONSUMPTION
Effective Date: 03/27/2002
1. AUTHORITIES DELEGATED AND TO WHOM DELEGATED.
A. The Director and Deputy Director, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN), the Director, Office of Field Programs, CFSAN, and the Director, Division of Enforcement and Programs, Office of Field Programs, CFSAN, are authorized to issue initial emergency permit orders under 21 CFR, Part 100, section 108.5.
B. The following officials are authorized to issue notices of confirmation of effective date of final regulations on food matters issued under section 701(e) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 371(e)):
1. The Director and Deputy Director, CFSAN.
2. The Director of Regulations and Policy, CFSAN.
3. The Director, Office of Nutritional Products, Labeling, and Dietary Supplements, CFSAN.
4. The Director, Office of Plant and Dairy Foods and Beverages, CFSAN.
5. The Director, Office of Seafood, CFSAN.
6. The Director, Office of Field Programs, CFSAN.
7. The Director and Deputy Director, Office of Food Additive Safety, CFSAN.
These officials may not further redelegate these authorities.
3. EFFECTIVE DATE.
Reference the memo from the Deputy Commissioner, dated March 27, 2002, subject: Delegation of Authority to Director and Deputy Director, Office of Food Additive Safety and the Directors, Division of Petition Review, Division of Food Contact Substances Notification Review, and Division of Biotechnology and GRAS Notice Review, Office of Food Additive Safety, to update CFSAN titles.