Driving Biomedical Innovation: Initiatives for Improving Products for Patients
FDA released a report containing immediate steps that can be taken to drive biomedical innovation, while improving the health of Americans. The report addresses concerns about the medical product development pipeline, one of the most pressing challenges facing the biomedical industries.
Release of the report, kicks off a new FDA-wide Innovation Initiative, which promises to redouble the agency’s efforts to encourage innovations that will promote public health as well as strengthen the American economy.
We are committed to continuing our dialogue with companies, innovators, patients, and other stakeholders to identify barriers to progress and better define what steps need to be taken to overcome any obstacles to innovation.
- Printer Friendly PDF (6.3MB)
- Press Release: FDA commissioner outlines steps to spur biomedical innovation, improve health of Americans
- Fact Sheet
Contents: Browse the Biomedical Innovation Initiatives for Improving Patient Products
- A Note from the Commissioner
- Rebuilding FDA’s Small Business Outreach Services
- Building the Infrastructure to Drive and Support Personalized Medicine
- Expedited Drug Development Pathway
- Harnessing the Potential of Data Mining and Information Sharing
- The Future of Medical Devices
- Training the Next Generation of Innovators
- Improving FDA Regulations