Publications and Presentations for Laboratory of Fluid Dynamics
- Lu Q and Malinauskas RA. Comparison of two platelet activation markers using flow cytometry after in vitro shear stress exposure of whole human blood. Artificial Organs [accepted for publication].
- Malinauskas RA. Computational Fluid Dynamics in the Evaluation of Medical Devices: FDA's Critical Path Initiative. American Society for Artificial Internal Organs (ASAIO), Dallas, Texas, May 28-30, 2009
- Pantalos G, Wu ZJ, Giridharan G, Rinaldi J, Stewart S, Hariharan P, Lu Q, Berman M, Lukic B, Deutsch S, Leonard E, Manning K, Antaki J, Paden D, Malinauskas R, Smith W, Mockros L, Johnson G. Position Paper: Use of computer and in vitro modeling techniques ASAIO Journal, 55(1):3-5, 2009.
- Silwa J, Hariharan P, Robinson RA, Myer MR, Maruvada S, Banerjee RK, Harris GR. Optical Techniques and System for 3-D Characterization of Ultrasound Beams. Patent, no: US 7600410B2, October 2009. [Patent]
- Wu C, Retta S, Robinson R, Herman B and Grossman L. A Novel Study of Mechanical Heart Valve Cavitation in a Pressurized Pulsatile Duplicator. ASAIO Journal, 55:445-451, 2009.
- Giridhar, MS Thesis HIFU Characterization using IR thermography imaging, The University of Cincinnati, August 2009 Malinauskas RA. Identifying post-pump tubing kinks based on the blood circuit pressures during hemodialysis: An investigation of hemolysis in five patients. Hemodialysis International 12(3):283-293, 2008.
- Retta SM, Sagripanti JL. Modeling the inactivation kinetics of bacillus spores by glutaraldehyde. Letters in Applied Microbiology, 48:568-574, 2008.
- Stewart SFC, Robinson RA, Nelson RA, Malinauskas RA. Effects of thrombosed vena cava filters on blood flow: Flow visualization and numerical modeling. Annals of Biomedical Engineering 36:1764-81, November 2008.
- Walsh DL, Schroeder RJ, Stewart SFC. Mechanical performance of generic and proprietary enema bottles. Journal of Medical Devices 2:025001-1-7, 2008.