Publications and Presentations for Laboratory of Materials Performance
- Irada Isayeva, Srilekha Sarkar Das, Andrew Chang, Jacqueline Defoe, Hoan-My Do Luu, Katherine Vorvolakos, Dinesh Patwardhan, Joyce Whang and Steven Pollack. “pH effect on the synthesis, shear properties, and homogeneity of iron-crosslinked hyaluronic acid-based gel/adhesion barrier.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research (2010), 95(1):9-18.
- Katherine Vorvolakos, Irada S. Isayeva, Hoan-My Do Luu, Dinesh V. Patwardhan, Steven K. Pollack. “Ionically cross-linked hyaluronic acid: wetting, lubrication, and viscoelasticity of a modified adhesion barrier gel” Medical Devices: Evidence and Research (2010) 2011(4): 1–10.
- DM Saylor, DC Richardson, BJ Dair, SK Pollack. “Osmotic Cavitation of Elastomeric Intraocular Lenses.” Acta Biomaterialia (2010), 6(3): 1090-8.
- Joyce C. Breger, Irada Isayeva, John J. Langone, Steven K. Pollack and Nam Sun Wang, Comparison of Ionically and Novel Covalently Crosslinked Alginate Microspheres, AIChE Annual Meeting: Nashville, TN, 2009.
- Joyce C. Breger, Irada Isayeva, John J. Langone, Steven K. Pollack, and Nam Sun Wang, “Novel ‘Click’ Alginate Hydrogels for Use as Biomaterials”, Polymer Preprints, 238th ACS National Meeting in Washington, DC, Aug. 16-20, 2009.
- Joyce Breger, Irada Isayeva, Steven Pollack, John Langone, Nam Sun Wang, and Dan Lyle, Investigation of Inflammatory Potential of Biomaterials Intended for Cell Encapsulation or Device Coating”, Poster presentation at the 8th Annual Diabetes Technology Meeting – November 13-15, 2008, Bethesda, MD, April 2009.
- Irada Isayeva, “Hydrogel-Based Medical Devices”, Invited Seminar, Chemistry Department, College of Staten Island, CUNY, NY, April 30th, 2009.
- K. Vorvolakos, “Dynamic Wetting and Dewetting of Viscoelastic Hyaluronic Acid Solutions”, invited seminar, University of Akron's Department of Polymer Science, Akron, OH, July 30, 2010.
- E.M. Davis, Y.A. Elabd, K.I. Winey, W.F. Regnault and N. M. Benetatos "New Characterization Techniques for Assessing Structure and Water Transport Properties of Parylene Coatings." American Chemical Society, San Francisco CA, 2010
- E.M. Davis, N.M. Benetatos, W.F. Regnault and Y.A. Elabd "Water Transport in Glassy Polymers: Diffusion Relaxation Phenomena" Gordon Research Conference, South Hadley MA, 2010.