Selected Publications for Laboratory of Optical Therapeutics and Medical Nanophotonics
Recent 4 years, in the alphabetical order of the first author’s last name.
- J. Anders, I. Ilev, R. Waynant and K. Byrnes, “Method for regeneration and functional recovery after spinal cord injury using phototherapy”, Patent No. 7,695,504, March 18, 2008)
- J. Anders, T. Romanczyk, I. Ilev, H. Moges, L. Longo, X. Wu and R. Waynant, “Light supports neurite outgrowth of human neural progenitor cells in-vitro: The role of P2Y receptors”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics of Quantum Electronics, v. 14, pp. 118-125, 2008 (IEEE).
- J.H. Han, I. K. Ilev, D. H. Kim, C. G. Song, and J. U. Kang, “Investigation of gold-coated bare fiber probe for in situ intra-vitreous coherence domain optical imaging and sensing”, Applied Physics B: Lasers and Optics, v. 99 (4), pp. 741-746, 2010 (Springer).
- K. Hoffer, D. Calogero, R. Faaland and I. Ilev, “Precise testing of the dioptric power accuracy of exact-power-labeled intraocular lenses”, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, v. 35, pp. 1995-1999, 2009 (American Society of Cataract and refractive surgery).
- I. Ilev, “Confocal Fiber-Optic Laser Device and Method for Intraocular Lens Power Measurement”, Patent No. 7,719,668; May 18, 2010.
- I. Ilev, “A simple confocal fiber-optic laser method for intraocular lens power measurement”, EYE, v. 21, pp. 818-823, 2007 (Nature Publishing Group).
- I. Ilev and I. Gannot, “Fiber Optic Biosensors”, Encyclopedia on Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, v. 2, pp. 1062-1072, 2008 (Informa Healthcare, New York, 2008).
- I. Ilev, R. Faaland, D. Kim, R. James and D. Calogero, “Innovative confocal laser method for exact dioptic power measurement of intraocular lens implants”, Chinese Optics Letters, v. 6 (12), pp. 876-878, 2008 (Optical Society of America).
- I. Ilev, R. Robinson, R. Waynant, “Particle image velocimetry system having an improved hollow-waveguide-based laser illumination system”, U.S. Patent No. 11/589,310, June 24, 2010.
- I. Ilev, L. Wang, S. Boppart, S. Andersson-Engels and B-M Kim, “Introduction to the IEEE JSTQE Special Issue on Biophotonics – Part 1”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics of Quantum Electronics, v. 16 (3), pp. 475-477, 2010 (IEEE).
- I. Ilev, R. Waynant, I. Gannot and A. Gandjbakhche, “Simple fiber-optic confocal microscopy with nanoscale depth resolution beyond the diffraction barrier“, Review of Scientific Instruments, v. 78, p. 093703, 2007 (American Institute of Physics).
- I. Ilev, B. Wilson, V. Backman and S. Andersson-Engels, “Introduction to the IEEE JSTQE Special Issue on Biophotonics – Part 2”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics of Quantum Electronics, v. 14, pp. 1-3, 2008 (IEEE).
- E. J. Katz, I. K. Ilev, V. Krauthamer, D. H. Kim, and D. Weinreich, “Excitation of primary afferent neurons by near-infrared light in vitro,“ NeuroReport, 21(9), pp. 662-666, 2010 (Lippincott Williams & Wilkins).
- E. Katz, D. H. Kim, V. Krauthamer, and I. Ilev, “Effects of optical irradiation parameters on safe peripheral nerve stimulation with infrared light,” Proc SPIE, v. 7180, pp. 71800P-71800P-8, 2009 (SPIE).
- D. Kim, I. Ilev and J. Kang, “Fiberoptic confocal microscopy using a 1.55 µm fiber laser for multimodal biophotonics applications”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics of Quantum Electronics, v. 14, pp. 82-87, 2008 (IEEE).
- D. Kim, J. Kang and I. Ilev, “Upconversion fiber-optic confocal microscopy under near-infrared pumping”, Optics Letters, v. 33, pp. 425-427, 2008 (Optical Society of America).
- D. Kim, J. Kang and I. Ilev, “Advanced confocal microscope using simple hollow-core photonic bandgap fiber design”, Electronics Letters, v. 43, pp. 608-609, 2007 (Institution of Engineering and Technology).
- R. Landry, I. Ilev, J. Pfefer, M. Wolffe, and J. Alpar, “Characterizing reflections from intraocular lens implants”, EYE, v. 21, pp. 1083-1086, 2007 (Nature Publishing Group).
- X. Liu, X. Li, D. Kim, I. Ilev and J. Kang, “Fiber-optic Fourier-domain common-path OCT”, Chinese Optics Letters, v.6 (12), pp. 899-901 2008 (Optical Society of America).
- G. Pal, A. Dutta, K. Mitra, M. Grace, A. Amat, T. Romanczyk, X. Wu, K. Chakrabarti, J. Anders, E. Gorman, R. Waynant, and D. Tata, “Effect of low intensity laser interaction with human skin fibroblast cells using fiber-optic nano-probes”, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B, v. 86, pp. 252-261, 2007 (Elsevier).
- X. Tan, M. Mizuuchi, and K. Mizuuchi, “DNA transposition target immunity and the determinants of the MuB distribution patterns on DNA,” PNAS, 104, 13925 (2007) (National Academy of Sciences).
- D. Tata and R. Waynant, “Analysis of Biomodulative Effects of Low Intensity Laser on Human Skin Fibroblast Cells using Fiber-Optic Nano-Probes”, Proc. SPIE, v. 6428, pp. D1-10, 2007 (SPIE).
- D. Tata and R. Waynant, “Near-IR induced supression of metabolic activity in aggressive cancers”, Proc. SPIE, v. 6428, pp. E1-12, 2007 (SPIE).
- K. Zhang, E. Katz, D-H Kim, J. Kang and I. Ilev, “Common-path optical coherence tomography guided fiber probe for spatially precise optical nerve stimulation”, Electronics Letters, v. 46, pp. 118-120, 2010 (Institution of Engineering and Technology).
- K. Zhang, E. Katz, D-H Kim, J. Kang and I. Ilev, “Touching a nerve”, Electronics Letters, v. 46, pp. 103-104, 2010 (Institution of Engineering and Technology).