Direct-To-Consumer Promotion: Public Meeting
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will hold a public meeting regarding direct-to-consumer (DTC) promotion of prescription drugs. The purpose of the meeting is for FDA and other persons and organizations to present the results of research on the promotion of prescription drug products directly to consumers through print, broadcast, and other types of media. FDA is particularly interested in hearing about research that provides insight into the effect that direct-to-consumer promotion has on the public health. FDA is also interested in research on the groups most affected by direct-to-consumer promotion, including patients, caretakers, physicians, physicians' assistants, nurses, pharmacists, managed care organizations, and insurers.
Meeting Date: September 22 and 23, 2003
Meeting Name: Direct-To-Consumer Promotion
Location: National Transportation Safety Board Boardroom and Conference Center
429 L’Enfant Plaza, SW., Washington, DC 20594
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Contact for Meeting Information: Rose Cunningham, telephone: (301) 594-5468, Fax: (301) 594-5493, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons interested in presenting research should send requests and abstracts in writing to the Dockets Management Division (HFA-305), Food and Drug Administration, 5630 Fishers Lane, Room 1061, Rockville, MD 20852, by close of business August 29, 2003. Please see the Federal Register notice for further instructions.
Directions to the NTSB Conference Center from METRO:
- Take METRO to L'Enfant Plaza Station
- After exiting train, follow signs to L'Enfant Plaza (Do not follow signs to US Dept of Transportation)
- Take escalator to top and turn right; go as far as you can and go through the glass doors on the left to enter La Promenade
- Go straight for about 200 feet and turn right
- Go straight ahead, across the atrium and continue straight ahead until you reach the escalators by the CVS
- Take the right escalator down and turn 180 degrees left
- The NTSB Conference Center is right in front of you
- NTSB driving directions and map
Date created: August 11, 2003