Sample Social Media Content
Here are some sample tweets and Facebook posts you can use to help us promote “The Real Cost” campaign on social media. Questions about how else you can get involved with the campaign? Email CTPCommunications@fda.hhs.gov.
- Did you know that 3 out of 4 teens who think they will stop smoking in 5 years, don’t? (USDHHS, 2012) #TobaccoFreeYouth
- Most smokers get hooked before they realize it – one of the first adverse health effects is nicotine addiction. (USDHHS, 2012) #TobaccoFreeYouth
- Teens' brains are still developing, which may make them more vulnerable to nicotine. (USDHHS, 2012) #TobaccoFreeYouth
- Tobacco use remains the leading cause of disease, disability and death in the U.S. (CDC, 2011) #TobaccoFreeYouth
- Learn more about the FDA's historic national youth tobacco prevention campaign here: www.fda.gov/therealcost. #TobaccoFreeYouth
- There's a lot to learn about the FDA's new youth tobacco prevention campaign. You can get up to speed by visiting www.fda.gov/therealcost.
- @FDATobacco just launched their 1st national public education campaign to address youth tobacco use: www.fda.gov/therealcost. #TobaccoFreeYouth
- The FDA just launched their 1st national public education campaign to address one of the most pervasive public health problems in the country -- youth tobacco use. Learn more: www.fda.gov/therealcost. #TobaccoFreeYouth