Resources for You
Division of Compliance Information and Quality Assurance, Duties and Functions
- Develops and maintains liaison with other Government agencies procuring medical products; develops and manages operational agreements and systems; Serves as the FDA focal point for all activities relating to the Government-wide quality assurance program (GWQAP).
- Receives and processes requests from other Federal agencies for quality assurance support; serves as the final administrative approval authority for quality assurance evaluations of specific products and firms; provides quality assurance evaluation responses to requesting agencies.
- Maintains liaison, coordinates, and directs field and Headquarters activities relating to the Government-wide quality assurance program.
- Manages the Agency's firm profile system.
- Manages the Agency's program for providing drug quality assurance information to States in support of their drug procurement.
- Manages and coordinates the FDA/DOD Shelf Life Extension program.