Resources for You
Division of Compliance Management and Operations, Duties and Functions
- Reviews and evaluates proposed legal actions to ascertain compliance with enforcement policy, regulatory objectives, jurisdiction, and adequacy of evidence. Reviews the determination that legal action should be initiated and recommends appropriate action.
- Determines the final basis on which specific legal actions reviewed are to be recommended. Recommends appropriate action to the Office Director, or acting on behalf of the Office Director, forwards the recommendations to the Office of the Chief Counsel.
- Performs final administrative review of proposed legal actions for sufficiency of evidence and coordinates the acquisition of additional evidence needed through the appropriate centers and field offices.
- Resolves disputes or other problems encountered during case review to assure that Agency decisions are consistent.
- Provides guidance for and participates in the development of new, novel, or precedent-setting cases; provides counsel to the field on compliance matters; interprets policy and major action decisions and provides guidance on their application.
- Provides regulatory guidance and operational management of case work to insure timely input by involved units.
- Evaluates terminated legal cases to determine effectiveness in bringing about correction and to evaluate enforcement strategies and evidentiary and other problems; performs trend analysis and identifies actual and potential problem areas; keeps Agency advised as to actions initiated through case news digest.
- Serves as focal point for Headquarters/field operational relations on compliance problems.
- Participates in the design and implementation of training programs for Headquarters and field compliance personnel.
- Serves as the Agency clearance point and coordinator for all warrants, both administrative and search and seizure.