Division of Import Operations and Policy, Duties and Functions
- Provides direction, assistance, management and oversight of filed import operations, including investigational and compliance activities. serves as the Agency focal point for Headquarters/field relationships on all import programs, operations, and problems. establishes field uniformity for import activities through adherence to procedural policy and operations automated systems. establishes and oversees a filed import quality control program and FMFIA directive implementation.
- Develops and/or reviews Agency import policies, procedures, program, and assignments; including informational directives (Import Alerts, Bulletins, etc.). Develops and/or reviews laws and regulations involving imported products and procedures. Has primary responsibility for Chapter 9 of the Regulatory Procedures Manual.
- Coordinates Agency import activities with the U.S. Customs Service, including the development and institution of joint regulations, procedures, policies, and operations. Coordinates activities with other Federal agencies and foreign governments through interagency agreements, memoranda of understanding, and informal working relationships.
- Identifies the need for field import training programs. Participates in the design, implementation, and presentation of training and career development programs for field import personnel, as well as related staffs of foreign governments and other Federal agencies.
- Coordinates Agency import activities, the development of import policies, and new import procedures and regulations with the Centers and the Office of Chief Counsel.