Division of Federal - State Relations, Duties and Functions
- Provides an Agency focal point for all programmatic and operational relationships with counterpart State and local officials to assure a cohesive and uniform Agency policy.
- Provides overall Agency leadership and guidance in the development, coordination, and evaluation of the Agency Federal-State program.
- Makes recommendations to the Director, Office of Regional Operations, on matters regarding Agency Federal-State program policy.
- Serves as the day-to-day Agency liaison with organizations of Federal, State, and local officials whose interests corresponding to those of the Agency.
- Directs a program of State Management Conferences with key State officials and Agency field components.
- Serves as the Agency focal point for coordination of the programmatic aspects of all Agency contracts and grants with State and local counterpart agencies.
- Manages the national health fraud data system and coordinates nationwide health fraud prevention activities between the field, States, and Headquarters organizations.