Division of Planning, Evaluation, and Management, Duties and Functions
- Coordinates development of overall long- and short-range operational program plans and develops field manpower allocations for their accomplishments.
- Acts as an advisor on matters of planning, budgeting, manpower management, and program evaluation.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of the annual field operational program plans. Has primary responsibility for implementing the Agency's manpower utilization program.
- Prepares estimates of compliance program costs and monitors programmatic expenditures throughout the year, recommending program changes to conserve resources.
- Develops and maintains domestic and import workload information.
- Analyzes field performance data, evaluates overall field accomplishments in terms of stated goals and resource utilization, and recommends changes in operational program plans and field manpower allocations.
- Develops planning and evaluation policy and guidance materials, based on Agency policy decisions and program evaluation data, for use by the field in program planning and budgeting. Guides the field in evaluating their own performance and coordinating field evaluation of programs.
- Provides management analysis services to the Office of Regulatory Affairs Headquarters and field; designs, develops, and implements management programs, and provides in-house management consulting services.