Office of Resource Management, Duties and Functions
- Serves as the Agency lead office, in cooperation with the Office of Health Affairs,in initiating, coordinating, and offering specific regulatory bilateral agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MOUS) to foreign countries.
- Provides policy direction to other Agency components in the initiation, development, and recommendation of specific domestic regulatory bilateral agreements and MOUs with other governments.
- Provides technical input for the Office of Regulatory Affairs quality assurance program as it pertains to assuring the consistency and adequacy of field investigational and inspectional operations.
- Develops proposed overall field manpower allocations and long- and short-range operational program plans; identifies management data requirements for information systems; analyzes and evaluates field performance data and overall accomplishments.
- Advises the Associate Commissioner and the Regional Food and Drug Directors on all areas of management, including financial management, management analysis, and administrative operations.
- Designs, develops, and manages the equal employment opportunity program and a comprehensive career development and training program for the Office of Regulatory Affairs Headquarters, field employees and State employees.
- Develops and implements nationwide information storage and retrieval systems for data originating in the field offices.