CVM FY12 Annual Report Appendix D
FY2012 CVM Publications
October 2011 – September 2012
For the complete citation, please contact CVM’s Communications Staff at 240-276-9300, or AskCVM@fda.hhs.gov.
Authors from CVM are named in bold.
- Greenlees K, Friedlander L, Boxall A. Antibiotic Residues in Food, Drinking Water, and Food Safety Regulations. Chemical Analysis of Antibiotic Residues in Food.
- Baird-Heinz H, Van Schoick A, Pelsor F, Ranivand L, Hungerford L. A systematic review of the safety of potassium bromide in dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Fahmy R, Martinez M. The scientific basis for establishing solubility criteria for veterinary species. Journal of the American Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Fahmy R, ClayCamp G, Kona R, Dandu R, Xie W, Hoag S. Application of failure mode analysis (FEMA) and Blakett Burman design of experiments. AAPS PharmSciTech.
- Dave V, Fahmy R, Hoag S. Investigation of the physical-mechanical properties of Eudragit® RS PO / RL and their mixture with common pharmaceutical excipients. Journal of Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy.
- Martinez M, Antonovic L, Dunham B, Fahmy R,Gilbert J, Hungerford L, Modric S, Papich M, Smith M, Yan S. Animal Drugs: Factors Influencing their Development and Use. Encyclopedia of Animal Pharmaceutical Technology.
- Modric S, Bermingham E, Heit M, Lainesse C, Thompson S. Considerations for extrapolating in vivo bioequivalence data across species and routes. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Toutain PL, Modric S, Bousquet-Melou A, Sallovitz JM, Lanusse C. Should licking behavior be considered in the bioavailability evaluation of transdermal products? Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Huffman L, Anderson K. Implementation of Quality Risk Management for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing Operations. PDA Technical Report.
- Hunter G. Basics of Sterilization Methods. Advances in Sterile Processing.
- Ramos F, Boison J, Friedlander L. Amoxicillin. Residue Evaluation of Certain Veterinary Drugs, Rome, Italy, November 8-17, 2011.
- Friedlander L, Le Bizec B, Swan G. Derquantel. Residue Evaluation of Certain Veterinary Drugs, Rome, Italy, November 8-17, 2011.
- Miller R, Pelsor F, Kane A, Reimschuessel R. Oxytetracycline pharmacokinetics in rainbow trout during and after an orally administered medicated feed regimen. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health.
- Woodruff R, Li Y, Yan J, Bishop M, Jones MY, Watanabe F, Biris A, Rice P, Zhou T, Chen T. Genotoxicity evaluation of titanium dioxide nanoparticles using Ames test and Comet assay. Journal of Applied Toxicology.
- Bermingham E, del Castillo JR, Lainesse C, Pasloske K, Radecki S. Demonstrating bioequivalence using clinical endpoint studies. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Chamberlain PL, Jeong SH, Cerniglia C, Greenlees K. Derquantel. In: Toxicological Evaluation of Certain Veterinary Drug Residues in Food. WHO Food Additive Series, Number 66.
- Peters SM, Yancy H, Deaver C, Jones YL, Kenyon E, Chiesa OA, Esparza J, Screven R, Lancaster VA, Stubbs III JT, Yang M, Wiesenfeld PL, Myers M.In Vivo Characterization of Inflammatory Biomarkers in Swine and the Impact of Flunixin Meglumine Administration.Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology.
- Li XJ, Jeske DR, Klein J. Sequential Analyses Methodology for a Poisson GLMM with Applications to Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trials. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference.
- Orzechowski KL, Swain MD, Robl MG, Tinaza CA, Swaim HL, Jones YL, Myers MJ, Yancy HF. Neurotoxic effects of ivermectin administration in genetically engineered mice with targeted insertion of the mutated canine ABCB1 gene. American Journal of Veterinary Research.
- Bandele O, Camacho L, Ferguson M, Reimschuessel R, Stine C, Black T, Olejnik N, Keltner Z, Scott M, Costa GG, Sprando R. Performance of urinary and gene expression biomarkers in detecting the nephrotoxic effects of melamine and cyanuric acid following diverse scenarios of co-exposure. Food and Chemical Toxicology.
- Conklin SD, Shockey N, Kubachka K, Howard KD, Carson MC. Development of an ion chromatography-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry method to determine inorganic arsenic in liver from chickens treated with roxarsone. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Miller RA, Pelsor FR, Kane AS, Reimschuessel R. Oxytetracycline pharmacokinetics in rainbow trout during and after an orally administered medicated feed regimen. Journal of Aquatic Animal Health.
- Peters SM, Yancy H, Deaver C, Jones YL, Kenyon E, Chiesa OA, Esparza J, Screven R, Lancaster V, Stubbs JT, Yang M, Wiesenfeld PL, Myers MJ. In vivo characterization of inflammatory biomarkers in swine and the impact of flunixin meglumine administration. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology.
- Sahin O, Fitzgerald C, Stroika S, Zhao S, Sippy RJ, Kwan P, Plummer PJ, Han J, Yaeger MJ, Zhang Q. Molecular evidence for zoonotic transmission of an emergent, highly pathogenic Campylobacter jejuni clone in the United States. Journal of Clinical Microbiology.
- Amarasinghe K, Chu PS, Evans E, Reimschuessel R, Hasbrouck N, Jayasuriya H. Development of a fast screening and confirmatory method by liquid chromatography-quadruple-time-of-flight mass spectrometry for glucuronide-conjugated methyltestosterone metabolite in tilapia. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Rump LV, Bodeis-Jones S, Abbott J, Zhao S, Kase J, Lorenz S, Fischer M, Brown E, Meng J. Genetic characterization of Escherichia coli O104 isolates from different sources in the United States. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- Shaikh B, Rummel N, Yu D, Gieseker C, Evans E, Hasbrouck N, Reimschuessel R. Marker residue determination of tritium-labeled ivermectin in the muscle of aquacultured largemouth bass, hybrid striped bass, and yellow perch following oral treatment. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
- Gamboa da CG, Jacob CC, Von Tungeln LS, Hasbrouck NR, Olson GR, Hattan DG, Reimschuessel R, Beland FA. Dose-response assessment of nephrotoxicity from a twenty-eight-day combined-exposure to melamine and cyanuric acid in F344 rats. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.
- Zhao S, Blickenstaff K, Bodeis-Jones S, Gaines SA, Tong E, McDermott PF. Comparison of the prevalences and antimicrobial resistances of Escherichia coli isolates from different retail meats in the United States, 2002 to 2008. Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- Folster JP, Pecic G, Rickert R, Taylor J, Zhao S, Fedorka-Cray PJ, Whichard J, McDermott P. Characterization of multidrug-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar heidelberg from a ground turkey-associated outbreak in the United States in 2011. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- Tadesse DA, Zhao S, Tong E, Ayers S, Singh A, Bartholomew MJ, McDermott PF. Antimicrobial drug resistance in Escherichia coli from humans and food animals, United States, 1950-2002. Emerging Infectious Diseases.
- Hoffmann M, Zhao S, Luo Y, Li C, Folster JP, Whichard J, Allard MW, Brown EW, McDermott PF. Genome Sequences of Five Salmonella enterica Serovar Heidelberg Isolates Associated with a 2011 Multistate Outbreak in the United States. Journal of Bacteriology.
- Folster JP, Pecic G, Singh A, Duval B, Rickert R, Ayers S, Abbott J, McGlinchey B, Bauer-Turpin J, Haro J, Hise K, Zhao S, Fedorka-Cray PJ, Whichard J, McDermott PF. Characterization of Extended-Spectrum Cephalosporin-Resistant Salmonella enterica Serovar Heidelberg Isolated from Food Animals, Retail Meat, and Humans in the United States 2009. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease.
- Ekins J, Peters SM, Jones YL, Swaim H, Ha T, La NF, Civera T, Blackstone G, Vickery MC, Marion B, Myers MJ, Yancy HF. Development of a multiplex real-time PCR assay for the detection of ruminant DNA. Journal of Food Protection.
- Chiesa OA, Li H, Kijak PJ, Li JX, Lancaster V, Smith ML, Heller DN, Thomas MH, von Bredow J. Tissue/fluid correlation study for the depletion of sulfadimethoxine in bovine kidney, liver, plasma, urine, and oral fluid. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Feng S, Chattopadhaya C, Kijak P, Chiesa OA, Tall EA. A determinative and confirmatory method for ceftiofur metabolite desfuroylceftiofur cysteine disulfide in bovine kidney by LC-MS/MS. Journal of Chromatography: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences.
- Yu D, Evans ER, Hasbrouck N, Reimschuessel R, Shaikh B. Residue depletion of albendazole and its metabolites in aquacultured yellow perch (Perca flavescens). Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Sapkota AR, Hulet RM, Zhang G, McDermott P, Kinney EL, Schwab KJ, Joseph SW. Lower prevalence of antibiotic-resistant Enterococci on U.S. conventional poultry farms that transitioned to organic practices. Environmental Health Perspectives.
- Kelman A, Soong YA, Dupuy N, Shafer D, Richbourg W, Johnson K, Brown T, Kestler E, Li Y, Zheng J, McDermott P, Meng J. Antimicrobial susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus from retail ground meats. Journal of Food Protection.
- Howard HJ, Jones KM, Rudenko L. Agency perspectives on food safety for the products of animal biotechnology. Reproduction in Domestic Animals.