Office of Regulatory Science and Innovation
Provides strategic leadership, coordination, infrastructure, and support for excellence and innovation in FDA science that will advance the Agency's ability to protect and promote public health.
- Support high-quality, collaborative scientific activities to address important public health and regulatory issues concerning FDA regulated products, including their evaluation, quality, safety and effectiveness
- Support core scientific capacity and infrastructure
- Foster development and use of innovative technologies in product development and evaluation
- Address scientific and public health priorities through support of high-quality, peer-reviewed scientific research programs, within and outside FDA.
- Support scientific outreach and collaboration in research and development activities that advance FDA's mission and that engage other agencies, global regulatory partners, academia, innovators, and consumers
- Seek input from FDA programs, stakeholders, and outside advisors, including the FDA Science Board to help define, review and meet FDA scientific needs and priorities