NCTR Vision and Mission
The National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) is an FDA research center that provides global leadership and innovative scientific solutions in support of FDA’s mission to improve public health.
NCTR conducts scientific research and develops innovative tools and approaches for FDA to protect and promote public health.
- Provides innovative and interdisciplinary toxicology research that anticipates future needs and promotes personal and public health.
- Develops novel translational research approaches to provide FDA/DHHS with sound scientific infrastructure and multidisciplinary scientific expertise targeted towards addressing critical Agency, Department, and public-health needs.
- Engages with scientists across the FDA and other government agencies, industry, and academia in cooperative efforts to strengthen the scientific foundations vital to developing sound regulatory policy and leverages resources in order to promote the international standardization and global harmonization of regulatory science.
- Participates in/or leads national and international consortia for the development of harmonized standards for technologies and risk-assessment methods vital to FDA’s regulatory and public health mission.
- Provides and encourages multidisciplinary training and fosters national and international collaborations with scientists from government, academia, and industry.