NCTR Vision and Mission
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) is a global resource for collaboration providing consultation, training, and innovative scientific solutions in support of FDA's mission to improve public health.
NCTR conducts scientific research to develop and support innovative tools and evaluation of approaches that FDA uses to protect and promote individual and public health.
- Provides interdisciplinary toxicology research solutions and consultations that support and anticipate future FDA needs to guard and improve personal and public health.
- Uses multidisciplinary research teams to develop novel translational research approaches for safety-assessment protocols that provide FDA with more accurate and economic methods for addressing regulatory questions.
- Engages in collaborations with scientists across FDA and other government agencies, industry, and academia to strengthen the scientific foundations vital to developing sound regulatory policy, and to promote the international standardization and global harmonization of regulatory science.
- Develops—or participates in—national and international consortia that provide harmonized standards for technologies and risk-evaluation methods vital to FDA’s regulatory and public-health mission.
- Provides and encourages multidisciplinary workforce development, and fosters national and international collaborations with scientists from government, academia, and industry.
Food and Drug Administration
3900 NCTR RoadJefferson, AR 72079