Policy Development and Coordination Staff
Catherine Lorraine, Acting Director
- Advises and assists the Commissioner concerning information that may affect current or proposed FDA policies.
- Advises the Commissioner and other key agency officials on the formulation of broad agency regulatory policy.
- Establishes procedures for agency policy formulation and monitors policy formulation activities throughout the agency.
- Negotiates the resolution of policy issues involving more than one component of the agency.
- At times is the lead for writing regulations and other policy initiatives that involve more than one component of the agency.
- Develops and coordinates the review and analysis of policy.
- Initiates and participates in interagency discussions on agency regulations, plans, and policies to improve coordination of Federal, State, or local agencies on a specific regulation or in developing an effective alternative approach.
- Leads and serves on agency task forces that are critical elements in the initiation, study, and resolution of priority policy issues.
- Serves as agency liaison for intergovernmental policy development.